Sierra's adoption

Monday, March 06, 2006


March 6, 2006....Sierra's first day at a zoo. We went to visit the zoo in Guangzhou. It had been raining but turned out to be a pretty nice day. She loved seeing the animals. We were a little concerned because while shopping we ran into a couple cats and she freaked out. So we weren't sure but all went well. We did a lot of shopping today!! That is always fun especially with the prices being so cheap!! We are wondering now if we are going to have enough suitcase room. We might need to go shopping for a new suitcase too!!! We want to thank all of you who are emailing us or leaving comments it means so much and it gives us such support while we are a half way around the world from all of you!! Thank you for all your prayers, too!! Believe me they are being felt!! Sierra continues to be doing great. She is actually starting to bond with Mike. She is sitting with him on his bed while they watch TV together!! That is a huge step. She keeps looking for me to make sure I have not left but at least she is sitting with him. We continue to miss you all and Ms. M please tell all my family at MWCP I said hello and that I miss everyone too!! Please also tell the boys and the one beautiful girl in your room I miss them soooo much and I cannot wait until they each get to meet Sierra!!!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger tiggaroo2 said…

    okwhat is it with the zoo,we took Nadya ther too. something jim and i werer talking about is make sure to video tape her speeking now chinese as when she forgets it you will have it on tape. we did not do this with nad and now we have nothing to go back to. TOLD YA...you will need MANY MANY suit cases.we had the same problem with both kids. had to by big bags that we now use for hockey.hahahaha Glad to hear your trip is comming to an end I remeber how home sick we were and how we couldnt wait to get home. glad that her and mike are bonding better now, I bet it gets better each day. We can't wait till we can meat her. She is adorable. nad wants to know when they can play together....... continue on your safe journey and look out for POOP...
    keep the faith as we arre praying for your journey, witch is realy gona start when you get home,


    love
    the roush clan

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mom, when do I get to go to the zoo??? :( lol jk

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I’m sure you’re all looking forward to returning home. I’m so happy to hear of all your wonderful experiences…I’m experiencing it all vicariously and feeling less nervous!

    Blessings,
    Meredith, Kevin, and Kate

     

Post a Comment

<< Home