Sierra's adoption

Thursday, March 02, 2006

May 3..Another day in China but the exciting news for Mike is we had lunch at McDonalds...I know he broke the number one wrongs during lent(not having meat on Fridays) but we figured he has done that for over a week so he in a way has fasted prior to most Catholics. But I have to say the good little cradle Catholic in me had a fish sandwich but as our family knows for me to eat McDonalds is almost like a no no subject since I began weight watchers but I have not eatten much since we have been here and my pants are all falling off so I figured I can use the extra calories. Well, we found out that Sierra loves ice cream and french fries. She will do very in our family when it comes to eatting. She has opened up more and I will have to say that my house will need to be over hauled if you know what I mean. She loves to search into everything!!!!!!!!! She continue to try to say new words. She loves to collect things and put them in bags or containers. It is so cute. She was in the playroom playing in the little kitchen. I cannot wait until she gets home to play in her own little kitchen. I have to say today is the most beautiful day of all. No rain and it is around 60-70 degrees. The sun is shining and it is so awesome. I would love to bottle this weather and bring it home with us. Well I am going to attempt again the pictures. I am so sorry for not being able to share this.......there are so many....even with her laughing!!! We found out some great news today!! We got the times for Mass on Sunday!! We will be attending at 8 am due to the fact we have a camera shoot at 10 with the travel group on the famous red couch!!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just had to laugh at your comment about McDonalds! When we were in Shanghai, we had an incredible adventure trying to walk to a McDonalds that we could see in the distance. It took us on a three mile walk to get to a ferry, a trip across the river, and a three mile walk in the opposite direction once we reached the other side. When we finally got to the McDonalds, all they had was frozen yogurt!!!!
    At least I learned just how far my family will go for a big mac!
    (On the way back we found a KFC that did just fine for dinner.)
    Enjoy the time in Guangzhou. It is precious. We can't wait to see your daughter. The pictures were worth the wait. You will love having the opportunity to worship in China. Some of my best memories there are the hours I spent in worship service. It truly gives you a feel for the "universal Church".
    Keep posting about your trip. We love the stories.
    Brenda M.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home