Sierra's adoption

Saturday, March 04, 2006


March 5, 2006....Our first Mass with our daughter. Yes, it was all done in Chinese but wow it was such an emotional moment when receiving the host. The church building was very small but standing room only. Father Terry we need to work on that to have standing room only at every 11:00 Mass!!! The people we so nice and welcoming!! Just like our family at St. Ann's. It was hard not to understand the words but we gave it all up for the WATCH going on this weekend at St. Ann's. We hope as WATCH touched us that it is touching others. We know that we would not be here in China with our new daughther getting ready to bring her home if it wasn't for WATCH. What a huge step of forgiveness, longing for more, cleansing, and love that it brought Mike and I, especially me. We are learning more and more about our daughter daily. She truly loves music especially christian music. Watch out St. Ann's band...she is going to love to hear all of your God given talents!! I know we miss hearing you!! Woke her up with it this morning and she woke up in a great mood with smiles and charm. We finally have gotten WCIC on the interent. It is so great to hear something familiar and helpful. We just got her to take a late afternoon nap with it too. She did fuss but went to sleep. We are learning her needs very thankful for that!!!!! Oh I learned something today. In Chinese traditions and beliefs, if you have a bird poop...yes I said poop on your head it means good luck. On our way back from Church, yes you got it...I was hit. One of the families from our group went to church with us and the husband is Chinese and told me that it means I will receive good luck. I thought with it happening right after Mass, how awesome!! A double gift this morning!! Yes, I wiped it off immediatly. Baby wipes are good for many things!!!! We had our group pictures done today! Check them out in our photo album...the links are below. Sierra is wearing her first dress!!! What a beauty she is!!! Once again I cannot wait until she meets her family at St. Ann's. She has so many cousins, aunts, uncles, grandmas, and grandpas!!! She is so blessed and so are we!!! We miss you all!!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger tiggaroo2 said…

    lovely story about the poop!!! I think I would of thrown up... a blessing or not.lololololololol.
    The church is cute. I bet it was standing room only. ya father work on that. I know, you can take out the last few pues.lololol. When do you start home??? I hope you keep putting pics on after you get home for those of us antis and uncles out of state.... She fits your family in so many ways. I have always said god does everything for a reason and sierra is yours. You have such a great blessing in your hands. Yep, I still keep baby wipes in the car and alek is 6... I don't know what they used befor them, leaves.lolol hope she is doing better with mike you all look so happy together. keep the faith, we love ya LOTS
    praying for your safe and hapy journey

    the roush clan

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so glad to hear that your first Sunday with your daughter was spent in worship in her birth country. That is a priveledge that we take for granted here at home. Please don't ever forget the persecution that our brothers and sisters face every day in your daughter's birth country. It will change forever the way you worship.

    Isn't Shamian Island the most beautiful place?! I am really enjoying your pictures. Be sure to take lots as you are out and about.

    We can't wait to see you back home again, but enjoy these precious days. They will soon be replaced by the everyday bustle of life.

    See you all soon!
    Brenda M.

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are such a beautiful family! I thought and prayed for your safe and happy return in church today. Your pictures are absolutely wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing them with us! Your school family at Midwest Central misses you terribly! We are so happy for you and so thankful that you have finally been given a daughter! Sierra is truely lucky to have such wonderful parents!

    Love Always,
    Sarah (Miss M.), John, Tom, Josh, Alex, & Alexis

    We can't wait to see you and meet Sierra!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home